IT Academies in Germany: The Stelfox Guide
IT Academies offer a fantastic platform to candidates who are starting to approach the tech world, whether as career starters or as experienced workers looking to upskill. They allow for a change of career focus from other areas of Technical and Professional Services and open a new world of coding and workplace creativity.
Our International team at Stelfox sees this as an exciting area of growth, and we support some of these academies in developing the future of tech talent in Germany and beyond.
Here is our quick guide to five of the most exciting ones that we have spotted in our network!
SPICED Academy is a German Tech Education company delivering two specialist courses in Full Stack Web Development and Data Science with Campuses in Berlin, Hamburg and Cologne. The success of the company has also inspired its management to open new academies in Frankfurt and Stuttgart in the next few months.
- Their twelve-week courses provide significant acceleration for a career change, which will bring you into the world of Web Development and Data Science.
- With an intensive focus on the most popular technologies on the market as well as career development, SPICED are dedicated to getting students ready to perform on day 1 of their new job – and beyond.
- The head coaches at SPICED Academy have many years of working experience in the tech industry and as academics. They have a mixed background between time spent in universities and tech corporations.
- There is a positive, engaging and winning atmosphere which has led to a hiring success rate of 86% in the six months following course completion.
Le Wagon is a coding school that teaches students the tech skills and entrepreneurial mindset needed to thrive, through intensive bootcamps. Their product-first approach teaches coding and web application development, helping to prepare tomorrow’s workforce through training and upskilling.
- Since 2013, there have been over 7,000 graduates from their courses which are 9 weeks in length full-time and 24 weeks part-time.
- Courses are structured with one main teacher, a series of teaching assistants, and a sophisticated platform where the student can learn in a similar environment to modern companies.
- This is joined by another bootcamp, relating to Data Science where Python, SQL, Data Cleaning, Machine Learning, Data Engineering and Deep Learning are taught, which is followed by a final project (worked on in teams).
WBS CODING SCHOOL is a new brand of the well-known German education provider WBS TRAINING AG.
- The school offers 15-week live online bootcamps that include a 3-week onsite phase including accommodation on their Berlin Coding Campus.
- Their first hybrid format – Full Stack App & Web Development – grew quickly to more than 50 students in just 3 months and they will soon launch a PHP Development course.
- WBS CODING SCHOOL also regularly hosts international guest speakers and events for the community.
Ironhack is an international tech school founded in Madrid in 2013 and offers 9-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time bootcamps in Web Development, UX/UI Design and Data Analytics.
- Ironhack uses a customised approach to education by offering students Career Services Mentoring, where they can prepare for interviews, create their CVs and boost their online profile.
- They have 9 global campuses, located in Berlin and 8 international cities.
- Its base in Berlin has graduated more than 500 students.
- Ironhack has recently launched its remote Instructor-led program to continue offering a high-class in-person education in a live online environment.
- Alumni are a core part of the Ironhack mission, with some students becoming Ambassadors for the company afterwards.
Data Science Retreat was founded six years ago in Berlin, providing high-level courses in Data Science, Machine Learning and Python.
- They offer courses to candidates such as PhD holders in Physics / Mathematics and those working in Business Intelligence, or as Developers.
- Data Science Retreat delivers advanced Data Science education, taught in person by industry experts.
- Their state-of-the-art curriculum ensures candidate success in the job market.
- Data Science Retreat offers intensive three-month courses, with the possibility of benefiting from Income Share Agreements, this allows students to pay for the course after successfully getting a relevant job.
At Stelfox, we are proud to show our support for these five IT Academies based in Germany, each having a unique aspect which makes them stand out.
So get in touch with our International team by phone at +49 30 887 899 37 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about them, or click on the links to each company to speak to them directly.
They are contemporary and exciting contributors to the tech ecosystem in Germany and the International Marketplace and are worth checking out!
Feb, 28 2019
At the Great Place To Work Awards in the Clayton Hotel, Burlington Road, the Stelfox team turned ou...Read more>