6987-Director of Engineering
Dublin City Centre
Senior Appointments & PMO
Director of Engineering role just in for my Dublin City Centre based Client.
My Client, a product company need a strong hands on technical leader with excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Lead and manage teams of highly competent software developers, solutions and U/X engineers and technical writers in building next generation products
- Regular review organisational structure and software development processes to ensure best practices.
- Drive continuous improvement and operational excellence –
- Mentor and coach engineers; develop great engineering leads / managers
- Provide technical mentorship for the engineering management teams.
- Measure the efficiency of engineering practices through various metrics and work on continuously improving them.
- Work with other engineering leaders globally and their teams to deliver integrated solutions and drive collaboration, sharing of best practices, research & technology, continuous process improvements and innovation.
- Establish trust and coordinate with distributed Product Management, Professional Sales and Support.
- Lead from the front during design and problem-solving sessions by understanding and empowering the team and articulating clearly the context and business rationale from the customers and stakeholders’ perspective.
- Become a product subject matter expert so you can provide the context the team needs to be successful.
- Interact with customers during technical discussions representing the voice of engineering.
- Contribute to technical and product strategy and roadmaps:.
- Set vision, inspire and motivate, make decisions, and ensure the team delivers
What you need:
- Degree educated.
- Strong technical and leadership skills with the ability to motivate teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be able to understand and explain issues from both a technical and business point of view.
- Problem solver.
- Manage multiple priorities and deliver to tight deadlines.
- 10 years software development experience with at least 5 in a technical lead role.
- Experience managing distributed teams in an agile environment
This role is interviewing immediately. Apply now for more information.