Back End Python Engineer – Work Remotely!!!
Software Development, Software Engineering
Stelfox have partnered with an innovative technology business developing next generation web crawling and extraction platform using state of the art machine learning technologies.
The platform is used directly by customers via APIs and has several components communicating via Apache Kafka. As most components are written in Python, our client are currently hiring for talented Back End Python Engineers to improve reliability and scalability of the system, integrate with other services and build additional new features for the platform.
Our client have a globally distributed engineering team with a unique virtual work culture, where most of the engineers work remotely. They also have physical offices in Cork & Dublin.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and build back end services and functionality of a large scale web crawling and extraction platform
- Work closely with other software engineers, data engineers, product managers and customers
- Write high quality code for production environments in a fast paced, autonomous and self-directed team
What you need:
- Relevant technical degree (ideally Computer Science)
- Strong Python development skills
- Solid Linix experience
- Experience with Apache Kafka or another distributed messaging system (e.g.) RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, etc.
- Basic understanding of Containerisation tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Good knowledge of microservices, JVM
- Understanding of how the web works!!
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed, focused and proven ability to deliver high quality code on your own
What you’ll receive:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Have the freedom and flexibility to work remotely ( Due to business requirements, successful candidates must be based in Ireland )
- Have the opportunity to go to conferences and meet with team from across the globe
- Work with cutting-edge open source technologies and tools