Dublin City Centre
Senior Appointments & PMO
Business Analyst – Dublin City Centre
Our client is a market leading global organisation operating within a high growth Financial Services market, state of the art offices and facilities + amazing benefits
This position is within the IT department and reports to the Group CIO. Our client is in the process of implementing a new IT Strategy.
A significant part of the strategy is the focus on updating our client’s application landscape to provide integrated and modern applications to our global user base.
This is a role in a ‘quality first’ environment and will involve responsibilities across end user requirements, process definition and optimisation, implementation and management of change as well as leading small and medium sized projects. It is a permanent position in a truly global operating company.
- Analyse business processes and requirements and transfer the knowledge to the development team.
- Prepare accurate and detailed requirements documentation and functional specifications.
- Communicate effectively with the business and development team to understand functional requirements (e.g. screen, interface, report, GUI designs), and to ensure the solution meets these.
- Design and execute the test scripts and test scenarios, and support the development of the test plan.
- Coordinate with the business users who test and evaluate applications, and resolve software issues, in conjunction with developers where appropriate.
- Evaluate data collected through task analysis, business process definition and workshops.
- Manage any change requests related to the working project plans to meet the agreed deadlines.
- Investigate data discrepancies and perform ad-hoc database queries as needed.
- Assist the service desk (first-line support) in identification and analysis of complex production issues if required, clarifying if and how business requirements are not being met, and support the resolution.
- Present business cases to senior management
- Ensure compliance with all organisational, legal and regulatory requirements and standards including SOX compliance and Security.
What you need:
- Educated to a degree level in Information Technology or Sciences ideally with to a Masters level
- 3-5 years’ experience as a business or systems analyst
- First project management experience preferred
- Advanced skills with data analysis and problem solving.
- Good understanding of relational databases and data models.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of working with internal and external stakeholders across multiple locations.
- Must exhibit intellectual curiosity.
- Must be able to work independently while maintaining strong team relations.
- Excellent time and work management skills, able to prioritise competing demands from conflicting sources