Business Analyst – eCommerce
Negotiable depending on experience and skills
My client are now inviting applications for the above position within the Digital Technology Team of the high profile, international business in Cork city.
The BA will be working on exciting, mission critical projects within the Digi Tech Team.
The BA is the liaison between business and technology units within the company, as well as our technical vendors, to facilitate delivery of key technology projects.
This is a 12 month contract, offering excellent professional development and negotiable daily rates based on experience and skill
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Collecting, analysing and documenting the business requirements and transferring the same knowledge to technical teams.
- Preparing accurate and detailed requirement specifications, user stories and user guides.
- Working with third party system and service providers to define requirements and implement solutions that are integrated with existing systems.
- Investigating and troubleshooting issues, tracking issue lists, implementing appropriate escalation processes within the project team and managing relevant issues to resolution and closeout.
- Design, document and implement new and/or improved processes (“as is” and “to be” process mapping).
- Training to users on new systems and features.
- Staying appraised of new technologies and trends and ensuring that we continue to drive innovation in applications in our industry.
- Participate in daily scrums, sprint planning meetings and sprint reviews and retrospectives and ensuring that the next sprint is ready to commence.
- Developing and prioritizing a backlog of product changes that will deliver the benefits we require from our digital assets. Produce and communicate product requirements using SCRUM methodology, including requirement specifications, user stories, wire frames & prototypes and ensure they are backed by data driven decision making.
- Researching problems that our customers have and finding solutions which can be delivered via technology. Represents and champions the customers internally.
What you need:
- A 3rd level degree qualification in a computer related discipline with a minimum of 3 years working in an IT environment.
- Experience in a business analysis, troubleshooting or problem-solving role.
- Working knowledge of eCommerce systems will be advantageous.
- Experience in gathering requirements specific to Digital strategies.
- Experience in selling and growing a business online.
- A team player with an understanding of and ambition to work in an agile project team.
- Have strong analytical skills to interpret customer needs and translate into deliverable requirements.
- Good presentation skills and an ability to deal with multiple business demands simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to build relationships with relevant stakeholders.