Dublin City Centre
Data Analyst with SQL – Dublin
Our client is looking for Data Analyst to join its expanding analytics team.
This new position will focus on utilising analytics to provide innovative ways to help our clients leverage data set to help strategic and operational decisions. Working with the core business teams to understand its goals/strategy and to identify and define requirements for Business Intelligence, Analytics and Data Warehouse Solutions to deliver value add. The candidate will be involved in the full life focusing on inception, requirements, design and testing.
- Work with business and technical delivery teams to analyse large scale data sets
- Gather and document end-user requirements for analytical and ad-hoc reporting solutions (Agile Methodology)
- Create structured and ad-hoc reports using their business intelligence tools
- Define and manage our clients master data management policy
- Work with client business users to implement data governance structures
- Aid in the development of business processes and policies to support and manage the data
- reporting environment
- Work with peers closely on implementing best-practice techniques with respect to presentation
- of data
- Provide and manage training and documentation
- Excellent eye for details, can identify trends and patterns of
- In this role you’ll be using your technical expertise to extrapolate data by using advanced
- computerised models.
- Maintains data dictionary by revising and entering definitions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications;
- establishing personal networks; participating in technical societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Determines changes in physical database by studying project requirements; identifying database characteristics, such as location, amount of space, and access method.
- Changes database system by coding database descriptions.
- Protects database by developing access system; specifying user level of access.
- Maintains user reference by writing and rewriting database descriptions
What you need:
- Financial Services experience specifically capital markets
- Knowledge of RDBMS and dimensional data modelling
- Knowledge of SQL and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies (Agile methodology experience preferable)
- Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes and technologies
- Experience in identifying and defining requirements and turning into functional requirements that addresses difficult analytical challenges
- Experience in solving data analytics problems and effectively communicating results and
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to present results to management teams to allow them interrupt the results and make effective decisions
- Hold a relevant primary degree (2.1 or higher) in mathematics, statistics, engineering, economics or finance, and be working toward or hold a recent Masters in a related discipline