Database Administrator – SQL Server
Dublin City Centre
We are looking for someone senior who could be responsible for providing and maintaining secure, highly available Microsoft SQL Server environments which are utilised by live, test and development applications for publicly hosted eGov applications, shared service applications and local specific agency applications.
Location: Dublin City Centre (near Smithfield)
Daily Rate: negotiable
Contract: 3-6 months rolling
What you need:
- Management of database availability and performance, resilience, sizing, capacity and volumetrics for all agency environments
- High availability, Resilience and Database Replication
- Ongoing administration of database objects: indexes, tables, views, constraints, sequences snapshots and stored procedures; page locks – to achieve optimum utilization.
- Performing database housekeeping – the routine tasks that ensure that the databases are functioning optimally and securely, e.g. tuning, indexing, etc.
- Monitoring of usage; transaction volumes, response times, concurrency levels, etc.
- Generating reports. These could be reports based on the data in the database, or reports related to the performance and integrity of the database.
- Identification, reporting and management of database security issues; audit trails and forensics.
- Designing and implementing database backup, archiving and storage strategy
- Designing and implementing database alerts and event management.
- Database consultancy, design, creation & testing for new projects.
- Provision of third-level support for all database-related incidents in the sector.
- Creation and maintenance of database standards and policies