Life Science & Engineering
One of Ireland’s leading civil & engineering companies is hiring for an experienced Design Engineer to join its ambitious and talented team responsible for running numerous utility projects within urban and rural environments.
As a Design Engineer you will play a critical role, ensuring projects are executed successfully, meeting safety, quality, and budgetary requirements.
What you’ll be doing…
- Work on the initial stages of projects, assess project requirements, objectives, and constraints.
- Conceptualize and plan project designs.
- Conduct feasibility studies to determine whether a proposed project is technically and economically viable.
- Create detailed designs, drawings, and specifications for various components of the project, using CAD software to produce accurate technical drawings.
- Study design briefs and prepare proposed design packs from concept to detailed designs.
- Be commercially aware of design costs and report to the Commercial Department.
- Ensure that all designs comply to codes, regulations, and standards.
- Collaborate with other engineers, architects, surveyors, and professionals to integrate various design elements and ensure the project’s overall success.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years’ experience as a Design Engineer or in a similar role within the construction or utilities sector.
- Strong proficiency with CAD software.
- Recent experience gained working in the Irish construction or utilities sector with knowledge of relevant regulations, standards, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confident, motivated, can work independently, and be a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines, whilst keeping a close attention to detail.
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to find the best solutions to challenges.
- Strong organisational and time management skills
We have a number of similar positions currently, and in the future, which we would like to discuss with you should you indicate your interest in this role. When we receive your application for this role, we will contact you to advise you of our process for other similar positions.
Your shared data will not be disclosed or transferred to a third party data controller or data processor located outside the EEA unless we have obtained your express consent.
We look forward to working with you.