Dublin City Centre
Infrastructure & Cloud
International organisation with their R+D function based in the city centre currently has a requirement for a DevOps engineer. You will be part of a team of 4 responsible for the CI/CD environment with the major focus on this role in the continuous deployment piece. Ultimately they want their DevOps engineers to facilitate the engineering teams to be able to code, test and deploy as automated and quickly into production as possible. The role is about 20-30% managing the existing build environment (Jenkins etc) and 70-80% working on movement towards Containerisation – Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud etc. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years direct experience with build and release practices and tools (Jenkins, Git, Maven, Docker, Linux).
- Automate provisioning of infrastructures for the dev ops life cycle e.g., development, testing, staging up to production.
- Collaborate with the agile engineering teams to create and manage their CI\CD pipeline.
- Develop pipelines and tools for product teams for one-click deployment to any number of production environments.
- Build automation for automatic system recovery, backup and restore.
- Orchestrate their micro-services based architecture.
- Develop comprehensive operational level documentation.
- Educate software engineers in operational matters to improve our platform resilience and maintainability.
What you need:
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps\Build automation roles
- Third level degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of world class best practices and standards for containerised deployments and tool chains
- Experience with deployments into SaaS, on-premise and hybrid solutions
- Proficient in scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, Terraform)
- Experience managing AWS hosted services
- Knowledge of any of the following – Firewalls, Load Balancers, DNS
- Understanding of building large scale orchestration for micro-services based architectures using Docker
- Expert knowledge of Linux systems
- Familiarity with Jenkins or other CI tools
- Competent with one or more orchestration platforms (Kubernetes, Mesos or Docker Compose/Swarm)
- Proficient with GIT, Jenkins (or equivalent), continuous integration/delivery and deployment
Great salary + package on offer and an opportunity to join a company that offers an environment of continuous self-improvement and learning.