Full Stack Java Developer x2 – Financial eCommerce Platform
Dublin City Centre
Stelfox have partnered with a leading Financial Services provider in Dublin city centre that is currently expanding their software development team.
Our client is now looking to hire 2 new Full Stack Java Developers to join with their existing eCommerce development team to significantly enhance the services offered to clients through a web platform using the latest technologies.
The successful candidates will be working in a fast moving software development team and will be capable of demonstrating an enthusiastic approach to learning new technologies and skills.
As a key member of the team, the successful candidates will play an integral role in the full development lifecycle for both new and existing applications.
What you’ll be doing…
- Work in closely with business users to design, develop and test technical solutions to challenging business problems
- Working on existing platforms to ensure industry leading levels of service availability
- Work in a team environment using a structured development process
- Regular communication with team on project progress, issues, and risks
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Computer Science or IT Degree or equivalent 3rd Level Education
- Strong understanding of Object Orientated Methodology
- 3+ years Java/J2EE and related technologies, ideally using Spring MVC
- Demonstrate a proven record of developing high quality web applications
- Experience with software development lifecycle methodologies and coding standards
- Experience of application design and development
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Innovative, creative, flexible and self-directed
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in cross-functional project teams
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads and achieve critical deadlines
Desirable skills / experience…
- Familiarity with Atlassian products (Jira, Crucible & Confluence)
- Java design patterns, Web and RESTful services
- Automated testing frameworks JUnit, Selenium, JMeter
- Knowledge of messaging, primarily RabbitMQ
- Previous financial services experience