Head of Software Engineering (Greenfield Environment) – Data Analytics Consultancy
Dublin, Flexible, Remote
Senior Appointments & PMO, Software Engineering
€120-150K + benefits
Stelfox has partnered with an exciting and unique new Data Analytics consultancy – an organisation created to stem the effects of online disinformation, hate speech, and far-right extremism.
Established in 2015 with a simple strategy – Using Google’s ad platform and the personal data it collects to help redirect people away from extremist movements and toward more constructive balanced online content.
Financially backed by two leading Venture Capital Groups, and with established offices based in London & Washing DC, our client is now in the process of setting up a brand new R&D Tech Hub in Dublin as they plan to migrate their software systems and technology infrastructure in-house.
Their top priority right now is to hire a Head of Software Engineering to build and manage a new cross-functional agile team from the ground up while owning the development and delivery of various critical components and systems.
The position can be remote within Ireland with Hybrid working from a Dublin-based office from Summer 2022.
- The Head of Software Engineering will be both a technical leader and a leader of people, taking ownership of a team, including their development and welfare.
- Play a pivotal part in the collection of requirements and refinement process, which requires patience and empathy for the needs of users.
- Help to build a single highly efficient and collaborative tech team, with an approachable and inclusive culture
- Develop high-quality user-focused products at pace in an environment that promotes agile methodologies and continuous collaboration.
- Architectural ownership of various critical components and systems
- Supporting, coaching, and developing high performing engineers through regular 1 :1 s, continuous feedback, and relationships with others
- Partnering with Product to build and deliver on high-quality product roadmaps
- Contributing to management best practices, and shaping an exceptional workplace for talented and highly motivated
- Continuous collaboration with engineers to develop and implement technology initiatives that improve engineering practices
Technology stack includes:
- Front-end: Angular SPA, Material UI, Typescript
- Back-end: Java, Spring Boot, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Python
- Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes
- Cloud: AWS, especially EKS, EC2, S3, Glue
What you need:
- 8+ years of full-stack web development experience
- Recent experience in building and managing software engineering teams
- Previous experience in a “Start-Up” environment is highly desirable
- Well-versed in multiple scripted and compiled languages, and have no problem adopting new frameworks and syntax with ease
- Extensive experience with cloud deployment & architecture, ideally AWS, but equivalent experience with Azure, GCP is also acceptable
- Strong working knowledge of Java 8 and TypeScript
- Strong working knowledge of large-scale data collection and processing
- Strong working knowledge of containerization, especially with Docker and Kubernetes
- Recent experience with database development & design
- Solid understanding of DevOps, CI/CD development, and infrastructure
- A proven track record leading software development teams using Agile, Lean, and/or Continuous Delivery approaches (e.g., TDD, continuous integration, pairing, and infrastructure automation) and delivering finished products to a deadline
- An empathetic leadership style and you build strong, effective relationships with technical and non-technical team members alike
Please note: We have a number of similar positions currently, and in the future, which we would like to discuss with you should you indicate your interest in this role. When we receive your application for this role, we will contact you to advise you of our process for other similar positions.
Your shared data will not be disclosed or transferred to a third party data controller or data processor located outside the EEA unless we have obtained your express consent. We look forward to working with you.