Information Security Consultant – Daily rate contract or contract-to-perm
Dublin City Centre
Job Title: Information Security Consultant
Job type: 12 month daily rate contract
Location: Dublin City Centre
Global Leader in Software for Infrastructure Services, has an immediate requirement for a highly skilled Information Security Consultant.
Working as part of a global security team, you will be responsible for defending applications in the Cloud. It is important you have a strong interest in Internet Security. You will join a hyper growth business solving global application security incidents across multiple Cloud Platforms (AWS, Google Cloud etc).
Impact, growth, autonomy are the stand-out reasons to consider this opportunity. Amazing office also…….
What you need:
Your skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Assurance or related field
- Advanced degree desirable
- Must have Five+ years of progressive experience in computing and information security
- Must have experience with networking technology, protocols and Firewall technologies
- Must have a good understanding of general security in the Cloud.
- Expert knowledge is desired of laptop operating systems (MacOS, Windows and Linux)
Have previous experience of working with any of the following area is a plus:
- Intrusion Detection Systems )IDS)
- Vulnerability Assessment tools
- Web Application Firewall (WAF)
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Malware and endpoint protection tools
- Security Analytics (Splunk, Sumologic, ELK, etc)
- Security log management & tools (syslog-ng, logstash, AD event to syslog translation)
- Knowledge of information security standards (e.g., ISO 17799/27002, etc.), rules and regulations related to information security and data confidentiality (e.g., FERPA, HIPAA, etc.) and desktop, server, application, database, network security principles for risk identification and analysis.
- Previous experience working in a multi-national corporate working environment is desirable
- Proven project management experience a bonus – specifically experience in managing remote office configuration and bring up and working with remote / off-site vendors
Experience should include security education, helpdesk operations and user support, malware detection and eradication
- CISSP, GIAC or other security certifications desired.
- This position requires some weekend and evening assignments if necessary, as well as availability during off-hours for participation in scheduled and unscheduled activities.
- Rate is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
A unique, high profile long-term day rate contract in Dublin.