Information Security Engineer – Contract
I am actively searching for an Information Security Engineer who has extensive experience in the research, design, analysis, testing and implementation of complex information security technologies.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with Splunk and McAfee.
This person must be detail oriented and have the skills necessary to support and drive complex information security projects across geographic and organisational boundaries.
The candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment driving security best practices and technologies to support the protection of confidentiality, integrity and availability of key firm assets.
- Design and deploy information security project deliverables on time, and to required quality to support service-based security goals.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues.
- Use technical knowledge of current attacks to identify flaws and weaknesses in the composition and design of networks, remote access schemes, systems and applications to specify solutions, verify the solutions that have been implemented, and rapidly adjust designs based on new threat and attack information as acquired.
- Deployment, operation and maintenance of systems consisting of perimeter security (next gen firewalls, WAF), Intrusion Detection / Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), endpoint security (Anti-Malware, EDR), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Identity and Access Management (IAM) and vulnerability management.
- Provide engineering support for all preventative and detective security technologies such as: malware detection, network access controls, web/email content filtering, SIEM response, intrusion detection and vulnerability management.
- Partner with enterprise architecture, security architect, IT and business stakeholders to consult on broader firm wide initiatives that require security consulting expertise.
What you need:
Mandatory Working Experience
- 7+ years of information technology experience required.
- 5+ years of active directory / LDAP experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the configuration, testing, deployment and management of enterprise security software technologies.
- A college or university degree and / or relevant work experience in the area of information security is required.
- Professional Certifications such as; CISSP, CISA, CISM, GCCC, GCED, GPPA, etc
- Self-starter & team player
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of DLP (Data Loss Prevention) technologies
- Knowledge of IDS (Intrusion Detection System) technologies
- Knowledge of web filtering and proxy technologies
- Knowledge of vulnerability management best practices
- Knowledge of common scripting languages such as, VB, Python, Powershell, BASH, & Perl
- Knowledge of incident response and handling protocols and methodologies.
For immediate consideration please email email@example.com or phone Jonathan on 016793182.