IT Security Manager
Dublin City Centre
Infrastructure & Cloud, Security
Are you a Senior IT Security Engineer looking for your next step up?
I’m currently partnering with a Financial Services company with billions in assets who are looking to indentify and hire an experienced IT Security Engineer to come in and be there IT Security Manager. This is a stand alone role, working closely with the Head of IT, where you will have day-to-day responsibility for all aspects of Information Security ensuring that appropriate levels of security are in place across the organisation. This will be perfect for an experienced engineer with 5+ years relevant experience with excellent communication skills and the ability to influence and inform senior management regarding cybersecurity and other Information Security threats who wants to make that next step in their career and take ownership of everything security related within a company with a couple of locations and over 400 employees.
- Take ownership for co-ordination and hands on delivery of IT & Cyber Risk continuous improvement program
- Own the Information Security Management System and associated documentation, including updating this regularly and ensuring the necessary controls are operated to monitor and achieve compliance with the requirements.
- Develop Information Security standards, procedures, training and guidance.
- Assess and continually review the cybersecurity posture of the organisation working with the IT Leadership team to ensure alignment to strategy.
- Work closely with the Head of IT to ensure appropriate cybersecurity systems and controls are in place, monitored and tested.
- Develop, deliver and maintain a KRI reporting suite for Information Security risks.
- Collaborate with other lines of defence teams to manage Information Security risks.
- Investigate and report upon Information Security incidents that arise within the organisation.
- Provide security expertise and technical assistance for the evaluation, selection and secure deployment of new IT systems.
- Hands on management of day to day security tasks such as security incident management, User access reviews, Risk Treatment plans and Stakeholder Reporting.
What you need:
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or other science or engineering discipline. An advanced degree would be an advantage.
- 5+ years’ experience in a hands-on Information Security role.
- Must possess a general understanding of information security risk management, such as ISO\IEC 27001:2013, Octave-Allegro, ISO\IEC 31000, ISF iRAM2.
- Must have prior experience in designing solutions and controls for regulated environments and must possess awareness and knowledge of SOX, COBIT, SSAE-16 SOC 1 & 2 , ISO\IEC 27001:2013, EU GDPR and/or NIST CSF standards, PCI DSS Compliance;
- Extensive knowledge of cyber security technologies, technical security policies and security control mechanisms; experience with cloud security (Azure) is also desirable.
- Understanding of and practical experience of applying the Data Protection Act, the Freedom of Information Act and other related legislation, standards and codes of practice e.g. EU GDPR, PCI DSS
- CISSP, CISM (or similar qualifications).
For further information on this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org