Java Software Engineer Back End ( Enterprise Applications )
Dublin City Centre
Stelfox have partnered with a leading Irish Software Provider in the Telecoms Operating space based in Dublin city center.
Due to a recent acquisition by a large multinational company, they are expanding their product development and delivery teams and are actively looking to hire talented software engineers.
What you’ll be doing…
- Design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications.
- Follow software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology and release processes, to ensure code is maintainable, scalable , supportable and demo the software products to stakeholders
- Investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, provides fixes and workarounds, and reviews changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
- Work within a team, collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, provide comments and suggestions, work with cross functional teams to achieve goals.
- Assume technical accountability for your specific work products within an application and provide technical support during solution design for new requirements.
- Actively look for innovation and continuous improvement, efficiency in all assigned tasks.
What you need:
- Bahelor’s degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent
- Good analytical and problem solving ability
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborating with a team
- Experience in developing high volume, mission critical Enterprise solutions
- Core skills: Java 7/8, Spring MVC, Hibernate, REST webservices
- Desirable skills: Java Enterprise, XML technologies, e.g., Java-XML Binding, XSLT and FOP
- Experienced in build tools Maven, Ant and version control tools SVN, Git
- Development in Linux/Unix environments