Java Software Engineer – Global Fintech Environment
Stelfox have partnered with a leading provider of global fraud solutions (Money Laundering, transaction filtering, etc.) to financial clients all over the world.
They are now looking for a Back End Java Engineer to join their Customer Engineering Team in Dublin.
The Customer Engineering team work closely with the Professional Services team on customer feature developments.
What you’ll be doing…
- Design and implement server-side features in a J2EE application platform.
- Develop familiarity with the existing application and code base quickly and efficiently
- Participate in technical design workshops and produce technical specification documents as requested.
- Responsible for developing, debugging and unit testing on custom client developments
- Assume roles on client delivery projects as well as the core development activities as the need or opportunity arises
- Diagnose and solve functional and performance/scalability issues
- Improve existing code base, development practices/ design principles and help introduce new technologies
What you need:
- BSc. in Software Engineering or related discipline
- 1-2 years commercial Java / J2EE development experience
- Good working knowledge of Spring, Hibernate, EJB, JMS, etc.
- Solid database experience (Oracle / DB2 / etc.)
- Experience with Java app servers (Weblogic, WebSphere, JBoss, etc.)
- Agile/ Scrum experience is desirable
- Fluent English communication skills (written & verbal)