Microsoft Data Engineer
About My Client
My client has an excellent opportunity for a Microsoft Data Engineer in Cork City. In this role, you’ll be working with product managers and peer developers to deliver high quality data pipelines, data models, architectural designs and ETL processes to develop and maintain the data layer of our clients’ products.
This opportunity is with a leading provider of Fintech management solutions for financial institutions. Our client’s system was created by ALM practitioners with a focus on simplicity and quick calculations. It’s currently gaining significant traction in the market.
– Collaborate with product manager and stakeholders to gather and analyse requirements for the data layer and relational entity structure.
– Design, implement, and maintain schemas, tables, views, indexed views, stored procedures, and indexes using T-SQL and advanced T-SQL techniques.
– Take charge of data modelling and development for data marts, along with creating semantic layers to support consumer-facing products.
– Craft and deploy ETL processes using SSIS and Azure Data Factory or comparable tools to populate data from third-party and transactional systems.
– Holds a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, or a related field.
– Brings over 4 years of comprehensive IT experience, with a preference for those with expertise in databases and MS SQL server.
– Demonstrates over 4 years of proficiency in T-SQL and advanced T-SQL.
– 4 years of hands-on experience in developing and deploying ETL processes using SSIS or similar ETL tools.
– 2+ years of expertise in deploying modern data solutions, utilizing components such as Azure Functions, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Flows, Azure Data Lake, and Azure SQL.
We have a number of similar positions currently, and in the future, which we would like to discuss with you should you indicate your interest in this role. When we receive your application for this role, we will contact you to advise you of our process for other similar positions.
Your shared data will not be disclosed or transferred to a third party data controller or data processor located outside the EEA unless we have obtained your express consent.
We look forward to working with you.