MongoDB Administrator – Contract Position
Dublin, Dublin City Centre, Remote
MongoDB Database Administrator – Contract Position
Our client is looking for an experienced MongoDB Administrator to join their team.
What you need: ~
- 8 -10 years Experienced DBA (any database)
- MongoDB DBA (2 years plus)
- Scripting and programming experience
- Production deployment experience
- Migration experience from RDBMS to MongoDB.
- Exposure to public cloud would be an added advantage
- MongoDB – CRUD Operations, Document based Data Modeling, Design of Collections and Documents
- Experience with physical collection creation, access pattern tuning, sharding implementation, index creation, and debugging query execution to obtain optimum database performance
- Excellent understanding of various MongoDB database design patterns and physical architectures for different use cases
- Data replication and sharding in a distributed database
- Aggregation of data using MapReduce and other batch processing use cases
- Experienced in MongoDB Security
- Detecting performance problems using Mongo Profiler
- Automate routine tasks with your own scripts and open-source tools
- Schema Design – working with Application/Development team
- Shell scripts for Monitoring like ‘slow queries’, replication lag, nodes fails, disk usage etc.
- Backup and restores ( Backups should be automated with shell scripts/Ops Manager)
- Database Health check (Complete review of Database slow queries, fragmentation, index usage…etc. )
- Database software Installation and Configuration in accordance with Client defined standards
- Database Migrations and Updates
- Application of database patches
- Capacity management
- Hands on experience in Server Performance tuning and Recommendations
- High availability solutions and recommendations
- Hands on experience in Root cause analysis for business impacting issues
Apply immediately for consideration with your CV to [email protected]. Please note your CV will be held in strictest confidence!
Please note: We have a number of similar positions currently, and in the future, which we would like to discuss with you should you indicate your interest in this role. When we receive your application for this role, we will contact you to advise you of our process for other similar positions.
Your shared data will not be disclosed or transferred to a third party data controller or data processor located outside the EEA unless we have obtained your express consent. We look forward to working with you.