Python Engineer – Multimedia eCommerce Platform
Dublin, Dublin City Centre
Our client have created a world leading online marketplace where users can access a massive range of digital media content.
With an established software engineering hub in Dublin centre and on the back of continued business expansion and growing revenue the company is increasing in scale and complexity.
They are now looking for a talented Python Engineer to join the team.
The successful candidate will have a passion for writing well-structured code, a solid understanding of modern web architectures and be knowledgeable around software development best practices and processes. He/She will become part of a high caliber software engineering team helping shape the future of multimedia.
What you’ll do…
- Write high quality code, following guidelines and best practices
- Take part in system design sessions, working closely with development teams and technical architect
- Work with QA team and take part in code reviews
- Help mentor other colleagues in the engineering team
- Proactively look to improve the platform and assist with the resolution of daily issues and queries relating to the technology
- Participate in the agile development methodology and daily stand-up meetings
What you need:
What you’ll need…
- BSc. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline
- Strong hands-on experience in Python
- Experience with Python related technologies such as Celery, Boto for AWS services, Flask or Django frameworks an advantage
- Ability to prioritize work and deliver to deadlines
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
NB: Some occasional travel to our clients other European office may be required