QA Automation Test Engineer – Contract Position
IT Consultant, Software Testing
QA Automation Test Engineer – Contract Position – Daily Rates
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases to solve technical challenges and shorten the test cycle through automation.
- Add to our company’s testing efforts and improve the test frameworks, tools and technologies.
- Contribute and evolve high quality automated test solutions for functional, regression and performance testing.
- Knowledge transfer and cross train other team members to enhance the teams automation capabilities.
- Develop an understanding of client business terminology practice and procedures within a reasonable timeframe.
- Provide input as per best practice (estimating, designing, developing and executing test procedures and test cases).
- Work closely with the Development team on a daily basis.
- Liaise with Product Owners/Business Analysts/Business Users if requirements are unclear.
- Execute Test plans and Regression Test plans within agreed timescales and standards.
- Test complex areas of application(s) and use business knowledge to determine if functionality is correct.
- Investigate and document defects in a defect-tracking system and verify resolution to ensure prompt closure of all defects.
- Clearly articulate and communicate testing status, and red/yellow flags, which might interfere with the achievement of QA milestones.
- Manage priorities and set expectations when faced with multiple demanding tasks.
- You may be required to perform additional duties, not listed above, to support the testing function into the future.
- Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures.
- Must have 4+ cumulative years of Software Test experience.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven track record using Industry Standard Test Automation Tools, Visual Studio Team System (Test Edition), Selenium (WebDriver) or similar tools.
- Good Working knowledge of SQL.
- Automated Testing experience.
- Scrum / Agile experience.
- Experience of structured testing methods and techniques.
- Working knowledge .Net advantageous.
- Strong testing background expected with experience writing test plans and test procedures.
- Experience in the use of Defect Tracking tools like Microsoft TFS, Dev Ops, HP ALM.
- Experience testing business / enterprise applications.
Please note: We have a number of similar positions currently, and in the future, which we would like to discuss with you should you indicate your interest in this role. When we receive your application for this role, we will contact you to advise you of our process for other similar positions.
Your shared data will not be disclosed or transferred to a third party data controller or data processor located outside the EEA unless we have obtained your express consent. We look forward to working with you.