QA Engineer (Remote in Ireland)
Stelfox has partnered with an innovative Mobility solutions provider that builds software which powers over 750,000 vehicle journeys daily across the U.K, Ireland, the U.S and Canada.
With over a decade of success, its a very exciting time to join our cutting-edge SaaS client as it continuing to expand it services across multiple European locations.
Having recently completed a major deal with a leading Nordic based Taxi company (4,500+ vehicles), our client is delivering a marketplace for open innovation and creating new enterprise models to transform the taxi industry.
In 2023, the business successfully completed its 1 billionth successful booking on its platform.
Job Title: QA Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced QA Engineer to join an established product team working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, helping to ensure the quality of software products.
What you’ll be doing…
- Create test scripts & test cases to support software testing activities.
- Create end-to-end test scenarios, design automation scripts, and execute to ensure software works as intended per the requirement.
- Design, script, and debug tests in various automation tooling.
- Automated testing of Mobile (iOS/ Android)/ Web Applications/ APIs and backend services.
- Design, develop and integrate automated tests into existing automated testing infrastructure.
- UAT testing of software applications.
- Perform functional testing for user stories and report bugs using JIRA with explanatory notes and steps to recreate.
- Assist development and product teams with bottleneck investigation.
- Complete work on schedule in an agile/scrum work environment.
- Participate in planning sessions and scrum calls.
- Utilise best testing practices within the team and make suggestions as necessary to improve the efficiency and quality of the work produced by the team.
- Execute tests to validate non-functional requirements, such as performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Use UI test tools and frameworks to improve automated testing of mobile and web interfaces.
- Report on metrics that assess the quality of software products and software development process.
- Ensure all standard QA practices are followed and respected.
- Analyse and define existing business processes and interdependencies.
What you’ll need…
- BSc. / MSc. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of creating and executing manual and automated test cases for mobile/ web applications, and APIs.
- Hands-on experience with Selenium, Appium, JUnit or other Unit testing frameworks.
- Experience with Jira / Confluence
- Experience using agile methodologies and working in scrum teams.
- Solid experience with Functional/ Regression/ UAT/ Mobile/ Black-box testing
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
We have a number of similar positions currently, and in the future, which we would like to discuss with you should you indicate your interest in this role. When we receive your application for this role, we will contact you to advise you of our process for other similar positions.
Your shared data will not be disclosed or transferred to a third party data controller or data processor located outside the EEA unless we have obtained your express consent.
We look forward to working with you.