Quality Assurance Test Engineer
Daily Rate Contract
We are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Test Engineer for a 6-month contract position with a software development company for a development office in Cork.
The successful candidate will work closely with both the software development teams and management to ensure that the company continues to deliver high quality software and maintains the operation of existing production systems.
This role would be ideally suited to someone with a strong technical testing background and an interest in moving towards a development role or some level of production support background, especially in a web based system.
- Provide input and leadership to the project team as per best practice (estimating, designing, developing and executing test procedures and test cases).
- Provide guidance to the project team about functionality and quality in relation to the testing approach.
- Report regularly on the test metrics and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Review specification documents with the project team so that accurate and comprehensive test plans can be created.
- Ensure deployed software meets expectations and have frequent reviews with the project team on the status and results of testing.
- Be competent in the use of test automation and test tracking tools to maximise productivity during the regression testing and performance testing phases of the project.
- Recommend and develop improvements to the current testing process.
- Manage priorities and set expectations when faced with multiple demanding tasks.
- Take ownership over incoming support issues and where possible learn how to apply simple production fixes or direct to the correct internal resource.
- You may be required to work in excess of the normal working day to achieve a particular project deadline
- You may be required to perform additional duties, not listed above, to support the testing function into the future.
What you need:
- Must have 4+ cumulative years system-testing experience (not localisation) with particular emphasis on web based testing.
- Strong testing background expected with experience writing test plans and test procedures.
- Experience with regression, integration and system level test execution.
- Experience with test automation tools such as Visual Studio Team System (Test Edition), HP Quick Test Professional, Selenium or similar tools.
- Working knowledge of performance / load testing tools Visual Studio Team System (Test Edition) or similar
- Experience in the use of defect tracking tools.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to understand how an application is architected and understanding of where to go looking for issues
- Experience in dealing with data and understanding of SQL would be highly beneficial.
- Self-starter, proactive, with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take ownership of problems and drive through to resolution.
- Track record of achieving results and high standards.
- Experience of working on different teams and different technologies with an ability to test across multiple projects.
- Demonstrated the ability to work on own or as part of a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to work in small teams and individually, managing your own time.
- The desire to develop your own knowledge by keeping abreast of testing tools and techniques, attending workshops and reviewing technical publications.
- Experience in communicating directly with clients.
** Live Role – Apply for immediate consideration
If you are interested in this position please forward your CV to email@example.com or else call Suzanne Brophy on +35316793182 in strictest confidence.