SAP CoE Leader
ERP & CRM, Senior Appointments & PMO
SAP CoE Lead
A vacancy has arisen for a Manufacturing and Operations CoE Lead at our clients SAP Centre of Excellence in Ireland. (The CoE Leader can be based in Dublin or Kilkenny)
The Manufacturing and Operations CoE Lead brings the business and technology skills together in a self-sufficient team, to deliver the required capability to build and maintain solutions that mirror the manufacturing, quality management and R&D business functions and competence that they are providing solutions to.
The Manufacturing and Operations CoE Lead works with the IT Strategists and Manufacturing, Quality and R&D process owners for their area of competence to design and deliver business solutions in their area of the business.
Key elements of the role
- Developing the Solution strategy for one or more IT Solutions in the integrated Business Solutions group of CoEs
- Stays abreast of latest technology and trends with reference to industry/peer groups and partners with Business Process Owners to determine the best course of action and investment for the organisation
- Meets with Enterprise, Information and Solution Architects to discuss impact of new technologies and the architecture roadmap
- Owns the Application portfolio for domain of their Centre of Excellence
- Works with the business unit IT Strategist and Architecture Group to develop an annual strategy to develop and enhance the IT Solutions that the CoE manager is responsible for, and updates the technology plan
- Understands the solution cost drivers and connects cost of the IT solutions to consumption drivers
- Works with GBS Financial Analysts to sets the price for IT solutions based on an understanding of the benchmark IT solution level and price for IT solution in the industry
- Acts as single point of engagement for demand planning and demand management conversations with IT Strategists, Service Delivery and Business Process Owners around their needs for a specific IT solution
- Provides leadership for standards, best practices and is responsible for enabling innovation, training, as well as service delivery
- Contributes IT solution descriptions and Service-Level Agreements (SLAs) for specific IT solutions to the organisation’s IT solution catalogue
- Reviews business requests for IT solution enhancements and undertakes cost evaluation, standards reviews, and prioritization
- Participates in relevant Group forum(s) to provide leadership on how IT is to be used across the organization
- Works with Resource Management in the PMO for effective leveraging of workforce and partner resources to meet demand.
What you need:
Skills and experience
- 7 years+ working in application analysis, design and build roles in a complex and international (Manufacturing/SAP) environment
- Ability to create a vision for the function, and drive progress through continual change
- Commercially focused, with high levels of enthusiasm and energy
- Previous experience of managing, coaching and developing an international team of Business Analysts and Technologists
- Professional qualification in a related discipline and/or a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering.
- General/Leadership competencies
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Business Acumen
- Decision Quality
- Problem Solving
- Innovation Management
- Translate business requirements into high level technical requirements
- Scope and size potential solutions
- Evaluate technical solutions for relevance and value
- Designing solutions for complex business processes using Enterprise level ERP platforms and the associated integrated subsystems
- Business Process expertise
- Application Integration expertise.