SAP Functional Architect – Dublin or Kilkenny
Key Elements of the Role
- Responsible for definition of overall requirements and high level solution design for large or complex SCM-centric Business Systems Projects.
- Working with the Lead Analysts and SME’s for the different SCM functional areas (Sales & Distribution, Logistics & Inventory Management, SCM Advanced Planning & forecasting), as well as from related areas (e.g. Finance, Reporting), to define high level scope and design of cross-functional initiatives.
- Co-ordinating proposal and scope development.
- Understanding integration points across SAP modules, and also between SAP and non-SAP systems.
- Communicating with senior business stakeholders to ensure holistic view of requirement is understood, and also positioning and agreeing overall functional solution.
- Ensure that the integration points are properly managed and delivered, as part of the projects – implementation phase.
- Carry out focused external networking in order to understand best practice process and systems design in the SCM area, and relate these to our client’s requirements, in order to identify opportunities or strategies for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work with senior stakeholders as a trusted adviser to ensure optimum end to end solutions (crossing different application technology platforms) are proposed, designed and delivered across SCM processes.
- Build an on-going awareness of value drivers and blockers within the current SCM systems solutions and, in co-ordination with relevant internal and external SME’s, deliver on systems solutions that drive business value.
- Liaising as required with external advisers to co-ordinate proposal development for SCM-centric systems implementation initiatives.
- Working in conjunction with the Enterprise Architect and relevant Technical Architects to ensure that solutions delivered are optimal and compliant from a functional, technical and infrastructure point of view.
What you need:
- Three years experience in a similar SAP Functional Architect role within a multinational organisation or a consulting organisation.
- Ten year’s overall SAP SD and / or LE implementation / configuration / management experience including lead role in at least five full end-to-end implementations.
- Experience on interacting with senior business managers in a solution delivery or service delivery role.
- Experience in co-ordinating cross-functional design and process review initiatives.
- Experience of direction and development of SAP Business analysts in project roles.
- Strong cross-functional SAP knowledge especially in Materials Management and Financial.