Senior Business Analyst – Finance and Regulatory – Contractor role
My client is a global financial services organisation seeking a Technical Business Analyst with Testing experience in Databases and UI technologies on an initial 6 month contract.
- Responsible for working with the business partner teams on the delivery of the Capital and other Regulatory Reporting projects, primarily associated with COREP, Statistical, Finrep and Anacredit.
- Apply a mix of accounting, data analysis, and project management skills to work as part of a team designing and implementing our new regulatory reporting platform. They will need to liaise across various areas of the bank (Finance, Middle Office, Operations and Treasury etc.)
- Analyse and document business and technical processes for data sourcing (both transactional and reference), data normalisation, and regulatory and internal management information reporting
- Work closely with key business subject matter experts, development and testing teams across the organization to produce business requirements associated with business, operational and technical changes
- Collaborate with testing support teams to ensure full understanding of change and full complement of testing is performed. Will also support business partners during User Acceptance Testing phases
- Responsible for reviewing and approving test scenarios/test cases developed by QA testers
- Responsible for maintaining Business Requirements Documents and Functional Specifications in-line with requirements from business SMEs and BAs
- Partnering with project managers to ensure that governance policy is adhered to across the portfolio in accordance with stated standards and processes
- Acting in an advisory capacity to software developers during build and test project phases
- Independent assessment of project / programme business cases and sign-off
- Ensure ongoing communication of project governance to all stakeholders
What you need:
- Experience of mandatory regulatory implementations within a Tier 1 Investment Bank
- High level understanding of financial products and key asset classes such as Debt, Equity, Commodity etc.
- Strong control mentality. Fundamental accounting and reconciliation skills.
- Good Data Analysis capabilities, with experience in writing BRDs, and reviewing Technical Specifications.
- Ability to analyse large volumes of data via MS Excel and SQL (pivots, data comparison etc.).
- Experience in creating test scenarios and User Acceptance testing
- Strong verbal communication skills; applicable for managing up and down the technology chain, as well as working with business partners from multiple disciplines with differing priorities across multiple, global locations
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts clearly and concisely
- In depth knowledge delivering within Agile development environment
***Hiring Immediately with Great Daily Rates
Please note: We have a number of similar positions currently, and in the future, which we would like to discuss with you should you indicate your interest in this role. When we receive your application for this role, we will contact you to advise you of our process for other similar positions.
Your shared data will not be disclosed or transferred to a third party data controller or data processor located outside the EEA unless we have obtained your express consent. We look forward to working with you.