Senior Data Engineer – DWH, Python & SQL – Remote working in Ireland
Ireland, Nationwide, Remote
Exciting new Data Engineering opportunity with a leading U.S eCommerce company as they continue to build out their European Technology Hub.
Our client provides a monthly subscription service to over 2 million customers in the US.
Here, subscribers are provided with a monthly custom-curated lifestyle box that contains a collection of products ranging from beauty, fashion, wellness, fitness, home, tech, and beyond.
The company has its own video streaming service, providing subscribers with access to on-demand wellness videos, DIY tips, daily lifestyle content, etc.
After successfully establishing a European Tech Hub in 2019, they now have an established team responsible for building and delivering a range of complex, innovative eCommerce-based solutions.
Reporting to the VP of Data Engineering, the Senior Data Engineer will work closely with 3 other Data Engineers and collaborate daily with other teams (Product, Web, Infrastructure, Analytics, etc.) on requirements
NB: The Senior Data Engineer is required to attend regular meetings with colleagues based on the west coast of the U.S.
A 4-hour working overlap with the U.S team will be required.
- Responsible for developing and supporting data pipelines that support and enable the overall strategy of expanded data programs, services, process optimization, and advanced business intelligence
- Design and develop scalable data warehousing solutions, building ETL pipelines in Big Data environments (cloud, on-prem, hybrid)
- Leading data discovery sessions with business teams, comprising product owners, data analysts, and cross-team technologists to understand enterprise data requirements of analytics projects
- Ensure proper testing and monitoring are in place to provide trusted and reliable data from the data stack.
- Partner with business domain experts, system analysts, data/application architects, and development teams to ensure data design is aligned with business strategy and direction
- Identify and document standard methodologies, standards, and architecture guidelines
- Dive deep, as required, to assist Business Intelligence Engineers through technical hurdles impacting delivery
- Participating in a shared on-call rotation monitoring the health of the team’s systems
What you need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- 3+ years of data architecture-related experience such as data analysis, data modeling, and data integration.
- 5+ years of experience in custom ETL design, implementation, and maintenance
- Advanced Knowledge of Python programming
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Experience working on Cloud Platforms (AWS or Google)
- Experience working on CI/CD processes and source control tools such as GitHub and GitLab
- Experience working with relational databases (Snowflake, Redshift)
- Strong knowledge of orchestration tools (AirFlow Preferred), file storage systems (AWS S3, Google Cloud Storage), partitioning, and real-time processing of data
- Strong knowledge and experience with Agile/Scrum methodology and iterative practices in a service delivery lifecycle
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to influence a large organization
- Experience working with reporting tools such as Tableau
- Experience with event streaming with modern event streaming toolings like Kafka or Kinesis.
- Experience with subscription service products
Please note: We have a number of similar positions currently, and in the future, which we would like to discuss with you should you indicate your interest in this role. When we receive your application for this role, we will contact you to advise you of our process for other similar positions.
Your shared data will not be disclosed or transferred to a third party data controller or data processor located outside the EEA unless we have obtained your express consent. We look forward to working with you.