Senior DevOps Engineer Contractor Role
Senior DevOps Engineer – Contractor Role
My client is a global financial services organisation seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join their team. The DevOps Engineer will address all configuration issues for the development team’s applications within the tools. You will work with customers and other teams to troubleshoot customer environments to increase user satisfaction, develop tooling and processes to drive and improve customer experience, create and manage runbooks/playbooks and leverage CI and CD tools to automate development and deployment process. Other responsibilities will include operating in an Agile & fast-paced environment and infrastructure planning and management.
What you need:
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Able to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
- Must have excellent organization skills.
- Must have understanding of SDLC and Jenkins Pipeline
- Strong technical skills in Jira, Git/Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, Ansible, Datical & Subversion.
- Experience with DevOps CI/CD applications and automated build and deploy configuration and processes. Datical, Jenkins and Ansible experience required.
- Must have experience of Oracle database deployment automation or other major relational database platforms
- Knowledge of Agile software development practices (Scrum) and experience in working in Agile environment
- Able to support clients in a fast paced environment in critical situations.
- Able to meet all expected SLA’s
- Experience in managing infrastructure migration projects (Oracle Databases to Exadata Service)
- Experience with supporting end users and providing assistance to users based on established processes.
- Language fluency in English
- Proficient in scripting skills (PL/SQL) – for large scale databases, including index strategies, partitioning, performance tuning, optimization and stored procedures.
- Able to manage multiple test environments
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills and enjoys a collaborative environment
- Results focused
- Knowledge of Unix Shell Scripts and Autosys Job Scheduler
- Data modelling and database design skills
- Experience in web UI technologies (C#, ASP.NET and .NET Framework and TFS build automation)
- Exposure to Regulatory reporting systems
- Previous experience at a Bank would be beneficial (but not essential) with experience in finance, treasury or capital markets
***Great Daily Rates and Hiring Immediately
Please note: We have a number of similar positions currently, and in the future, which we would like to discuss with you should you indicate your interest in this role. When we receive your application for this role, we will contact you to advise you of our process for other similar positions.
Your shared data will not be disclosed or transferred to a third party data controller or data processor located outside the EEA unless we have obtained your express consent. We look forward to working with you.