**Senior Java Cloud Contract – Top Daily Rates – Dublin City Centre**
A Financial Services client of mine is looking for a highly skilled individual with software development and platform engineering skills to join their engineering team on a 6 month rolling contract basis.
As a Java Engineer you will be responsible for helping to integrate their platform and services and tooling from Azure. The ideal candidate will be someone who can take ownership of new features for the platform across the full software development lifecycle and represent and champion the platform within the cloud community.
They will also provide operational support for the platform, with a view to automating and simplifying tasks, and improving scalability, reliability, performance and resilience and provide technical expertise for the community, collaborating with other engineering teams across the company.
What you need:
Skills & Requirements:
• 7 years’ experience designing and developing Java applications
• Experience with Azure and other cloud platforms
• Experience with container technologies
• Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or TeamCity
• Knowledge around building maintainable and automated tests
• Comprehensive knowledge around software development tools such as Subversion, Git/Bitbucket, Jira and Artifactory
• Proficient skills analyzing and debugging java builds
• Familiarity with highly available, scalable and resilient applications/architectures
• Dedicated self-starter with an ability to own, manage and deliver projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have:
• Experience maintaining a large application platform with a focus on availability and monitoring
• Familiarity setting up large scale CI/CD pipelines
• Configuration management tooling such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt and Powershell DSC
• Familiarity with cloud offerings (Azure)
• Experience working with containers and virtualization solutions
• Grails, Groovy, Python and other languages
• Working within a globally distributed team
Contact Katie on 01 679 3182 or Katie@stelfox.com for immediate consideration.