Senior Java Developer (Microservices) – Financial Services Environment
Dublin City Centre
Stelfox have partnered with a leading Financial Services provider in Dublin city centre that is currently expanding their software development team.
Our client have an exciting opportuntiy for a Senior Back End Java Developer with previous exposure to microservices architecture to significantly enhance the services offered to clients through a web platform using latest technologies.
What you’ll be doing…
- Work closely with business users, vendors and other stakeholders to craft solutions to business problems considering functional and non-functional requirements
- Develop and maintain business requirements, design documents and other appropriate project documentation
- Design and develop technical solutions which are robust, secure and easily maintainable, in line with development standards and best practice
- Take a leadership role in the design and implementation of new components and functionality
- Project management of key tasks and initiatives providing timely status and project updates to key stakeholders
- Liaise with test team and all project stakeholders to ensure solutions are fully tested.
- Creation and execution of automated test scripts wherever possible.
- Evaluate new technologies & 3rd party solutions
- Act as a mentor to junior members of the team
- Contribute to overall department goals and objectives.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT Degree or equivalent 3rd Level Education
- 5+ years Java/J2EE and related technologies, ideally using Spring;
- Strong knowledge of Spring technologies (MVC, Spring Boot, Batch and Integration)
- Experienced in developing web services, primarily REST
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Exposure of containers like Docker or any other container system with similar capability
- Exposure on building Microservices with Spring cloud and Zuul or Service Discovery and Service Registry
- Exposure of container orchestration tools like Docker Swarm or Kubernetes or similar technology will be good
- Experience of SQL & RDBMS development (preferably Oracle)
- Experience of source control (Subversion/ GIT) and use of STS
- Experience of Jenkins for the purpose of build and deployment
- Working knowledge of web analytics & best practice for integrating into online applications
- Appreciation of coding for web security
- Experience in providing enterprise level web solutions to financial services organisations
- Experience working within a recognised software development lifecycle such as Agile or Waterfall