Senior Linux Administrator
Infrastructure & Cloud
I’m currently working with an online services company who are lookng for an experienced Senior Linux Systems Administrator to join their Tech Ops team. Your primary focus will be on their Linux servers in the 24/7 AWS production environment
- Manage Linux servers in AWS
- Upgrades and improvements to systems architecture.
- Manage user accounts and privileges.
- Monitor and maintain high availability systems.
- Develop and maintain scripts for systems automation.
- Investigate issues, working through to resolution.
- Document planning, processes and procedures.
What you need:
- Six years of applicable experience in a similar role.
- AWS architecture (VPC, RDS, EC2, ElastiCache).
- Knowledge of common network applications and protocols, and their behaviour at system and network level
- Experience designing secure, scalable & highly available enterprise solutions.
- Mysql solid understanding of configuration, queries, and user management. Need to be able to understand explains and identify possible performance issues.
- Python for scripting
Ideally but not essential:
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification
- Mysql extended knowledge (engines, replication, etc).
- C (system level, to understand performance and security issues)
- Windows server ecosystem.