Senior Python Engineer
Stelfox IT Recruitment has collaborated with a leading online sports entertainment firm that is building out their engineering team based in South Dublin.
They are currently seeking Senior Python Engineers that can take ownership for their work, are committed to building high quality, extensible code and have proven experience working within an agile software development environment.
What you will be doing:
- Design and develop code with performance optimization, extensibility and maintainability in mind
- Own and drive development tasks that you are involved in, participating and supporting your agile development SCRUM team. Provide support to the business for critical issues.
- Functionally and Unit test all developed code to a very high standard to enable QA to test efficiently
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar
- Demonstrable experience with Python, MySQL & Linux
- 5+ years’ experience developing with Python
- Experience in version control systems, ideally Git
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced development schedule
- Strong communication skills and fluency in verbal and written English are essential
- Experience/understanding of working in an Agile environment
- Experience with asynchronous networking library such as Twisted or Tornado
- Redis or other modern non-relational data storage systems
- Especially unit testing, test-driven development and behaviour-driven development
- Modern Python web frameworks. e.g. Flask, Django and Python ORM e.g. storm, sqlalchemy