Senior Software Engineer – (Python/Ruby) Platform Engineering
Dublin City Centre
Senior Appointments & PMO, Software Engineering
Stelfox IT Recruitment have partnered with a multi-national SaaS provider that delivers cutting edge enterprise solutions to thousands of customers worldwide. They are one of Europe’s largest Agile Houses who employ over 600 staff in Dublin and have continued growth plans for 2017 and beyond. To do so, they need new blood – Software Engineers, to be exact.
What will you be doing…
- Architecture, designing, development and ownership of a core deployment platform.
- Maintain and improve monitoring systems, Continuous deployment tools and maintain these systems and platform
- Working with configuration management tools (Chef) and other tools and systems that make up the platform.
- Work as a part of a small, scrum engineering team where you will collaborate with other engineers on exciting solutions.
What you need:
- in Computer Science / Software Engineering or similar
- 5+ years commercial software engineering experience
- Python or Ruby as your core programming language
- Good experience working on large-scale, distributed, and highly concurrent systems
- Experience with Microservice Architecture and CM tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Capistrano, Cfengine, etc.) and other areas like Openstack (used in cloud engineering team), Linux / UNIX systems, Elasticsearch etc.
- Good understanding of Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Agile methodologies