Senior SQL Developer – Contractor Role
Dublin City Centre
Senior SQL Developer – Hybrid – 6 Month Initial Contract
My client is seeking a self-motivated and results driven SQL Developer with a strong SQL Server Development background to support both Server Reporting Services (SSRS) report development and SQL script writing. This person will be responsible to support, maintain and enhance our suite of SSRS / SQL reports, and developing SQL scripts to be run against the production database for data patching. . The client is based in Dublin and they are working a hybrid model, 2 days per week onsite.
- Develop and maintain customized SSRS Reporting at an Enterprise level.
- Embed SSRS reports into .NET applications.
- Development of SQL/T-SQL code for data patching.
- Development of patches on large data sets without impacting users and system performance
- Contribute to the development lifecycle including requirements, designing, and development of reports and scripts
- Interact with various business customers and team members to ensure reports are fulfilling user requirements, are efficiently designed & easy to support and maintain.
- Write and maintain technical documentation based on business requirements.
- Develop and maintain stored procedures for use in reports.
- Troubleshoot data issues, validate results sets, and perform unit testing.
- Recommend and implement process improvements.
- Provide development estimates on projects and tasks.
- Work with the QA coach on defect prevention and QA delivery.
What you need:
- Experience in developing Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services reports
- Experience in writing moderate to complex SQL/T-CQL stored procedures for MS SQL Server 2012-2016
- Visual Studio experience
- Experience with a source control products (SVN, Git)
- Solid understanding of how data changes can impact SQL server replication and triggers
- Solid experience writing large data patches with far reaching impacts
- Ability to provide design options and recommendations based on experience and best practices for report design.
- Ability to understand complex data-models, working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, multi-tasking and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to remain detail-oriented while working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while paying strict attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed with a proactive and solution-focused attitude.
Apply here or send your CV in confidence to [email protected]
Please note: We have a number of similar positions currently, and in the future, which we would like to discuss with you should you indicate your interest in this role. When we receive your application for this role, we will contact you to advise you of our process for other similar positions.
Your shared data will not be disclosed or transferred to a third party data controller or data processor located outside the EEA unless we have obtained your express consent. We look forward to working with you.