Senior Voice/Telephony Engineer
Dublin North, Louth, Meath
Infrastructure & Cloud
Currently looking for a Senior Voice/Telephony Engineer ideally with experience in a call centre environment or a large corporate environment handling a large volume of calls. The ideal candidate must have a deep understanding of telephony and networking standards regardless of platforms and be someone who can not only support their current Cisco infrastructure but also help them onto the next generation solution.
They time of business my client is in they need to be able handle calls in any location, any time. This position is responsible for those day-to-day telecommunication activities. Experience in scaling call-centres by leveraging cloud solutions will be vital to success in this role.
The role would be a perfect commute for someone based in North County Dublin/Meath area.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert and escalation Point of Contact for the Cloud hosted Call-Centre
- Analyse the Telephony environment and propose, manage, and lead key improvement projects
- Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot Corporate networks related to their connectivity.
- Make calls flow in large-scale systems over geographically distributed components
- Work with our international teams and external vendors to architect, deploy and support new products and enhancements to current products
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience) Certified CCNA, CCNP, CCIE and/or CCVP
- Experience supporting Call Centres/large(busy) telephony systems.
- 5+ years with deep experience with IP Telephony, Media Gateways, Codecs, QoS, and Interoperability of hand-off to SIP providers as well as PSTN in multiple global call centers.
- Experience with setting up and troubleshooting IVR and Pay by Phone systems.
- Experience with IP Telephony, SIP, SIP Trunking – leveraging commercial and open source solutions such as Cisco CUCM, Unity, ShoreTel, FreePBX, Asterisk, Elastix etc.
- 5+ years designing, deploying, installing and configuring complex Cisco IPT solutions with Cisco Unified Call Manager clusters, Cisco Unity Voice Mail, Cisco ICM and CVP
- Ability to deploy VoIP phones quickly, remotely and scale with the growing needs of the organization
- Demonstrated experience in designing and engineer for high availability and service resilience with scalability in mind
As the Telephony SME you will have a great opportunity to lead a number of projects in 2018 and beyond. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.