Get in touch with me
Stelfox have partnered exclusively with a global software company based in Dublin who, due to increased demand are adding to their team here in Ireland with a Site Reliability Engineer. This company is responsible for running the connectivity services and infrastructure for some of the largest entertainment franchises in the world, providing these services for almost have a billion users around the world. This is an amazing opportunity with salary and benefits to match.
I am looking to speak with an experienced Site Reliability Engineer who can provide an input into all areas of service development within a company. Working closely with the development team, you will work to ensure the service design is reliable, scalable and has uptime at its core; automating to ensure that issues can be prevented before they happen, debugging problems at scale as well as supporting services in production.
• Creating and supporting scalable services.
• Contributing improvements to the availability, scalability and efficiency of the company’s services.
• Participating in the full development process, including design, capacity planning, and production deployments, while promoting site reliability engineering best practices.
• Contributing to the deployment and automation tools.
• Navigating known downtime, and service level outages.
• Debugging problems at scale for the company’s mission critical services, helping other teams to implement permanent fixes to reoccurring issues.
• Influence a culture of service ownership within the team.
What you need:
Requirements for the role:
• At least 5 years of relevant experience, including in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
• Experience working at scale.
• Strong Linux system engineering background.
• Comfortable with at least one scripting language, e.g. Python or Ruby.
• Experience with at least one major database e.g. MySQL, Cassandra.
• Strong Networking experience around protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP/HTTPS.
• Experience around monitoring tools (Zabbix, Nagio, Graphite, ELK or similar tools).
• Configuration management tools – Ansible, Terraform, Puppet etc.
• Excellent communication skills.
This role is based in Dublin but for the right candiate, all options will be considered (remote working etc).
Please get in contact today to hear more about this company, role and excellent package on offer. Call me at 0876950048 or email [email protected]
We have a number of similar positions currently, and in the future, which we would like to discuss with you should you indicate your interest in this role. When we receive your application for this role, we will contact you to advise you of our process for other similar positions.
Your shared data will not be disclosed or transferred to a third party data controller or data processor located outside the EEA unless we have obtained your express consent.
We look forward to working with you.
Apply for Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)