Software Development Manager – Supply Chain & Logistics Solutions
Dublin City Centre, Dublin South
Stelfox has partnered with a multinational client, a Software House that develops global transportation and shipping solutions.
Our client’s industry-leading solutions assist companies to minimize shipping costs, optimize first mile & last-mile deliveries, avoid compliance delays and mitigate risks associated with dynamic global logistics and supply chain environments.
As the company continues to successfully grow and take on new projects, they are now looking to hire an accomplished “hands-on” Software Development Manager to lead a group of software engineers & QA engineers who will be delivering enterprise-level web-based products in an Agile environment.
The Software Development Manager will be responsible for setting technology direction, defining tools and processes within the team.
The successful candidate will work closely with Product Management to define suitable timelines and communicate updates to stakeholders.
In this role, the Software Development Manager will be expected to deliver code on a regular basis as part of an agile development team, designing and building robust, scalable applications using modern Java technologies.
Occasional travel to the company’s US locations to meet with other software development teams and internal customers will also be required.
What you need:
- Relevant Technical Degree
- 8-10 years of commercial software development experience, with at least 5 years as a “hands-on” software engineer
- 2-3 years min. experience in leading teams of 3+ people – mentoring, training, guiding, etc.
- Strong experience working in Agile development environments
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You should hold EU citizenship, as there will be occasional international travel required with this position