Get in touch with me
Are you a Software Engineer looking for your next challenge? I am currently working with technology leader within the manufacturing industry who are looking for a highly skilled and enthusiastic .Net Developer to join their team based in Cork.
The company is a packaging industry leader that offer regulated support to packaging and manufacturing sites across Ireland and Europe.
If successful you will be trained in the latest machine vision, automated systems, robotics, and embedded systems while using the latest and greatest technologies deployed on Azure.
What you need:
• Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Determine operational feasibility by evaluating the problem definition, analysing requirements and proposed solutions
• Document solutions by developing functional and software design specifications, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts
• Provide accurate estimates and timing
• Develop and write well-designed and testable code to specification
• Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
• Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
• Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
• Comply with project plans and industry standards
• Liaise with engineering team to ensure full integration with customer systems
• Maintain and improve existing codebases and peer review code changes
• Liaise with colleagues to implement technical designs
• Investigate and use new technologies where relevant by continually updating technical knowledge and skills, attending in-house and external courses and accessing new applications
• Work on new product development
• Ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to a high quality
• Candidates will preferably have previous experience with industrial automation systems and industrial vision systems
• The successful candidate will be involved in the design and delivery of all aspects of the company’s industrial vision and automation solutions
• Relevant third level qualification(s) such as BSc in Computer Science, BE in Electronic Engineering
• Experience with test-driven development
• Strong understanding of software development, quality assurance and product delivery concepts
• Excellent knowledge of C#, .Net Framework, and OpenCV along with exposure to .Net Core
• Experience using Team Foundation Server or Azure DevOps
• MS SQL Server and T-SQL
• Strong analytical and reasoning skills with an ability to visualise processes and outcomes
• Proficiency in troubleshooting software issues and debugging a large codebase
• Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to work collaboratively with multiple disciplines including in house Engineering, Operations, Quality and Product Development, partners and contractors, as well as customer IT, Validation and Operations groups.
• An interest in emerging software technologies for building Web UI applications
• Linux experience from any perspective
• An interest in or experience with PLCs, automated systems, embedded systems, robotics, etc.
• An interest in machine vision preferably Cognex based
• An interest in instrumentation, electronics, electrical or mechanical engineering
• An understanding of the application of software to manufacturing applications such as those involving machine vision, RFID, labeling
This role is based on site in Cork and does not provide sponsorship. Candidates must have an EU passport or a stamp 4 visa
*Live Role – Apply for immediate consideration
This is an urgent requirement, if you are interested in applying, please forward your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Software Engineer