Technical Java Lead – Contract – Dublin North
Client of mine based in Dublin North is looking to add a Senior Java Technical Lead to their team on a 6 month rolling contract for a large project which will run for 24 months.
They are looking for someone who is happy working 60/70% people management side and 30/40% hands on. This role would suit someone who is technically very sufficient leading small teams of about 4-6 members while also working well with different stakeholders, BA’s, PM’s etc.
Key Responsibilities for the role:
- Managing day to day activities of the on and offshore development team, estimating and allocating work to team members and reviewing deliverables
- Designing and specification of enterprise integration applications and services
- Understanding of current and emergent software technologies e.g. SOA, Messaging, NoSQL Databases (MongoDB), and Application Servers.
- Mentoring other team members in the implementation of SOA and other development techniques.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to lead teams of on shore 10 and off shore teams 15.
They are paying very competitive daily rates and the manager will interview next Monday and Tuesday.
What you need:
- Previous experience as a technical lead in a large scale software development project (will speak with someone who is looking to move into a lead role also).
- Java technologies including Spring Framework
- Application Servers (JBoss an advantage)
- Awareness of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and similar design techniques
- Experience of Web Services
- Continuous build/integration (Jenkins, Maven, Git)
- Strong communications skills.
- Ability to present technical ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
Get in contact with Brendan on 01 6793182 or email@example.com