Test Analyst – QA
Test Analyst – QA
6 Month Initial Contract
We are seeking an experienced QA/Test Engineer for a 6 month Contract position. The successful candidate will work closely with both the software development teams and management to ensure that the company continues to deliver high quality software and maintains the operation of existing production systems.
This role would be ideally suited to someone with a strong technical testing background and an interest in moving towards a development role or some level of production support background, especially in a web based system.
- Provide input and leadership to the project team as per best practice (estimating, designing, developing and executing test procedures and test cases).
- Provide guidance to the project team about functionality and quality in relation to the testing approach.
- Report regularly on the test metrics and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Review specification documents with the project team so that accurate and comprehensive test plans can be created.
- Ensure deployed software meets expectations and have frequent reviews with the project team on the status and results of testing.
- Be competent in the use of test automation and test tracking tools to maximise productivity during the regression testing and performance testing phases of the project.
What you need:
- Must have 4+ cumulative years system-testing experience (not localisation) with particular emphasis on web based testing.
- Strong testing background expected with experience writing test plans and test procedures.
- Experience with regression, integration and system level test execution.
- Experience with test automation tools such as Visual Studio Team System (Test Edition), HP Quick Test Professional, Selenium or similar tools.
- Working knowledge of performance / load testing tools Visual Studio Team System (Test Edition) or similar
- Experience in the use of defect tracking tools.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to understand how an application is architected and understanding of where to go looking for issues
- Experience in dealing with data and understanding of SQL would be highly beneficial.
- Self-starter, proactive, with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.