Unix Administrator (Redhat) – Level 3
Dublin City Centre, Dublin South
Infrastructure & Cloud
UNIX ADMINISTRATOR (RedHat) – L3
6 Months Daily Rate Contract
A great opportunity has become available within a leading Irish Financial Services Company, my client is looking for a Unix Administrator (Redhat) – Level 3 to provide support across Physical X86 hosts and a growing Red Hat virtual estate in VMWare (800+ instances). The ideal candidate should have significant working experience in Red Hat environments. Red Hat certified a definite advantage to secure this role
- Handle escalations from L1 and L2 incident Management team.
- Be capable of supporting X86 Physical and VMWareVirtual Servers for Red Hat 6.x and 7.x – (some experience supporting older version also required)
- Coordination with vendor / Service provider for hardware fix and problem resolution.
- Troubleshoot hardware issues and coordinate with hands on support.
- Report availability, performance & capacity management.
- Impact analysis and change coordination
- Identify risks and provide mitigation plans.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Plan and implement SIPs.
- Adherence to organizations and clients compliances and policies.
What you need:
- Excellent understanding (in addition to Red HatAdmin) of, BMC BladeLogic and BMC Remedy Application Suites.
- Understand and use essential tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments, and documentation
- Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines, and controlling services
- Configure local storage using partitions and logical volumes
- Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists, and network file systems
- Deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software installation, update, and core services
- Experience in VMWare Administration an advantage
- Experience in SUSE Linux and advantage SUSE 10.x, 11.x(to support legacy environments on physical environments)
- An in depth understanding of Veritas (HA)
- Experience working supporting Solaris 10, 11 Operating Systems#
*This role is open to candidates with an EU passport or a Stamp 4 visa
For more details please send your CV to CiaraConnolly@stelfox.com